|3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer|
|The team are responsible for the support and maintenance of Good Energy's IT infrastructre and the workload is varied. There is a need for someone to specialise in Telephony, which may incude deploying a new system at the right time. Whilst engaging across all areas in support of shared goals.|
As a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer you will be part of the team responsible for all support and maintenance of Good Energy's IT infrastructure.
Your core responsibility will be to support, evolve and troubleshoot our telephony system, but you will be expected to own and support new initiatives, changes, maintenance and breakfix across the estate.
Support and maintain Good Energy’s IT infrastructure.3rd line support for the IT estate.Ensure capacity of the IT Infrastructure is able to deliver against current and future demand.Assist with annual budget planning to cost for future IT growth, ensuring this is fully and accurately forecast.Create and maintain infrastructure documentation. With the team design, plan and deliver Server infrastructure improvements, refresh and retirements.Contribute to strategic roadmap planning for the future IT infrastructure evolution. Provide accurate fault finding, service assurance and perform root cause analysis and accurate follow up on corrective actions to prevent recurrence.Work with the IT Infrastructure manager to identify cost saving opportunities within the IT infrastructure environment.Ensure security of the environment is maintained and all infrastructure is compliant with relevant patch and security levels.Engage as required in project work to deliver new solutions to the business.Advocate Good Energy culture and role modelling of the mindset and behaviours which align with it.Effective internal and external communication and collaboration with all stakeholder groups.The development of functional capabilities, systems and skills expertise.Manage business risk relevant to the role.Contribute to the high performance and delivery of your team/s and ultimately overall Good Energy. Have at the forefront of all interactions the customer voice and journey.
|The role requires the ability to work, in a varied and sometimes high pressured environment, specifically you will need:
• Proven experience administering a Telephony system.
• Experience working in Small to Medium sized VMWare vSphere environments.
• Azure build and admin experience.
• Proven experience using a Storage Area Network
• Knowledge of building, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows Server
• Proven experience of Office 365.
• Good understanding of network fundamentals.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Strong skills in break fix and a proactive approach to anticipating and mitigating service impacting issues.
• A commitment to quality and thoroughness in the approach to work.
• Strong analytical, investigative and organisational skills.
• Good communication skills adapting delivery as appropriate within the organisation.
• Self-starter. Ability to work independently or within the team as appropriate.
• A high level of IT Literacy and experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
|Our Purpose: ‘Powering the choice of cleaner greener future, together’
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
|We also have some amazing benefits that we offer our people, including:
• Travel allowance at all levels
• Green Travel Allowance
• Bonus at all levels
• Pension matched up to 7.5%
• 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more
• Flexible working practices across many roles
|Good Energy is based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. We’ve been here since the very beginning, and are busy planning a new state-of-the-art headquarters to call our future home. We’re just a two-minute walk away from the train station, with fast connections to Bristol, Swindon and the surrounding area.|
|09 Jun 2019|